Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hyppocratic Oath My Ass... Earlier this week I drove my Dad to the Veteran's Administration Hospital for a routine check up by an optomologist. His eyes get blurry due to the sedating eye-drops they administer. This is why I drive him there & back.

As I waited for him in the waiting room I overheard a guy sitting next to me say "Yeah, the doctor said why bother getting your teeth fixed since you're going to die?" to another man sitting opposite him.

I could not believe my ears! So I said to him; "don't mean to eavesdrop but what do you mean, you're going to die?"

The man replied to me "I have lung cancer & my doctor said I have 6 months to live. He told me that 7 months ago & I'm still here!" The guy looked fine & actually a bit overweight as well. You wouldn't think he was that ill with cancer as he didn't have that "look."

"So I'm getting my teeth fixed, new glasses & whatever else I need" the guy added.

Good for him!!! I told him to keep that positive attitude & fuck that low-life Doctor who has a stone for a heart. What the hell kind of thing is that to say to a Veteran of this country's armed services? I pray this man throws it back in this doctor's face & lives indefinitely! He's already up 1 month.

This country sucks as far as medical treatment & health care. It's all about fucking money...

Don't get me wrong. Many doctors are good, ethical people. My personal doctor is a saint! However there is something very wrong with this country's stance on health care for it's citizens.

Other than that, I'm doing ok. Hope you all are too!

***Mark thanks everyone who commented positively on his psychedelic shed!

5 Comments:

Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Bonfire!
I'm back to blogging again! I've been very busy with school, but I'm doing good.

Good for that guy for not listening to that doctor! He should get his teeth fixed and get new glasses!

I agree with you that this countries healthcare sucks! It is about the money! Unfortunately I'm one of the many people that have no health insurance. I even tried to get medical and I was denied! I have top gamble with my health right now until I can get a job and buy my opwn insurance.

I don't know if you agree with Michael Moore or not, but he has this movie out called Sicko which addresses the healthcare crisis and talks about Universal Healthcare. In my Opinion, I think that Universal Healthcare would be a good idea for this country. I know it has it's flaws, but I think it would be better than HMO's!

Take care.

10:52 PM  
Blogger grace said...

Well, our country's health care is in need of some serious evalution. But in commenting on your post, will keep it very simple, I was in the US Military, and it less than desirable as far as medical care is concerned. So I am not surprised at what you are posting here.

9:32 PM  
Blogger grace said...

evaluation

9:32 PM  
Blogger Vallypee said...

Hi Ed, sorry I've been so long getting to this. I've actually been off blog for a while, but then you know that, as I saw your kind comment on my blog.

About this, I've heard that things are not so good in the States, but I fear it's becoming increasingly about money over here too. I just pray that it doesn't go too far. What a dreadful thing for a doctor to say to someone who is already ill. Really shocking. I hope he outlives them all!

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And a Merry & Happy to you and all you are close to!

Sully

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home